Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sophie's Adventure: The Stitches & Craft Show

We made it!



Here I am on the steps into the main building - packed to the walls with delightful crafty things to look at, touch and ponder on - it was overwhelming!

Megan waving hello to the craft world - we couldn't wait to check it out!


They had really cool displays throughout the main building - larger than life pieces - this was a dining suite covered in faux grass with sewing machines (the exact model I have!) on the table! Pretty eye catching!



These were made of thick cooloured card paper and were really effective
- random but very effective!


Larger than life thread spools - such a cool idea!


Craft Bars - GENIUS. You could buy a "kit" from the Incubators (up and coming designers) and head to the craft bar to actually make it - being shown how to by demonstrators - really cool!


Another Craft Bar - this one was for scrap booking work I think, lots of papers and guillotines etc!


And then we found the THREAD DEN stall which my label was apart of! Yippeee! They had some pretty cool threads - as in clothing, and such an array of beautiful pieces by Australian designers.


My Birdie brooches (2nd row) hanging out at the Thread Den stall!


My button earrings on one of the cute display tables at the Thread Den stall.

And my button brooches! We did two laps, on the 2nd lap I had noticed some of the brooches were gone - so I'm guessing they sold! Yay!!

Overall, the Melbourne trip was successful but way too short - it flew by!
Gotta hate that. We shopped til we dropped - I think I spent nearly $1000AU on shopping - not hard to do! It adds up! And we dined out at some really nice places, checked out some really "cool" (haha) bars and experienced some of the best that Melbourne has to offer. Here are some random photo's from our adventure.