Friday, December 25, 2009

Done & Dusted.

Christmas Day was once here, now it is fading into night.

And I am sick.
I have decided that next year, I will be having a two week break from all work around Christmas. I really struggled to enjoy this year's Christmas, due to being so sick and stressed out because of my bread and butter job, lack of staff and feeling pressured to work when I know I'm burning out. With Boxing Day soon upon us, I am dreading it - under-staffed and terribly congested in the head, I'll be stuck at the register... oh please, go fast Saturday, I am fearing how I will feel at the end of the day.

On the plus side, I got some amazing gifts from my gorgeous family and friends. We ate amazing oysters for breakfast (I summoned the strength to cook them) and a beautiful roast for lunch. The sun was shining for the first Christmas in years, so we ate outside on the deck. The plum pudding was incredible, the fresh berries were bursting with summer zing!

I hope that you all have had a wonderful Christmas and celebrated in true festive style!

Merry Christmas.

No comments: