Monday, December 10, 2012

Being A MIndful Handmade Lover

Since That Vintage began in 2008, it has opened my eyes to the world of handmade and small business.
The discovery of websites such as Etsy and Made It, has seen me part with more of my dollars than I would normally spend - and I don't have buyers remorse one little bit!
Buying handmade has a great, warm and loving feel about it - the thought that someone has put countless hours into designing, crafting and creating, photographing, marketing and packaging makes the purchasing just that little bit more exciting!


My little wrapping station for orders (and gifts!) is over flowing with washi tapes, twine, coloured yarn and thread, lace pieces, handmade clay tags, paper doilies, gift tags and wooden beads - from which I have all purchased either locally or from small businesses on Etsy - I intend to keep this trend going for years to come!
I hope this inspires you to think outside the box when it comes to your Christmas and gift wrapping, also where your dollars are being spent - have fun with it, enjoy it and think of the greater impact your spending has on the small business world!

No comments: