Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday Night

So... Let me be honest with you all.
I actually don't go out.
(Okay, I do, but not out on the town in Launceston.)

I don't do clubs, sometimes I do pubs, but I don't "waste my Saturday night" and "kill brain cells" and "tear some muscles" on the dance floor, like I use to back in ...2005?
For a number of reasons, mainly because I see it is a waste of hard earned money, and secondly, this town is pretty bad sober, let alone intoxicated!

So I like to spend my Saturday nights indoors.
Tonight I am doing exactly that.
Red wine, potato wedges and sour cream... and wii.


YES.
I am a closet geek, gamer, nerd, wii-addict.
I am addicted to playing The Sims Pets 2.
I have 9 families, and approximately 21 pets...
Some maybe procreating as I type this, you never know!


I'm not all that certain on the "aim of this game" other than you need to keep your Sim(s) happy... all the freakin' time - a lot harder than in real life! You get your Sim a job, a friend (or 3) ...one may turn into a lover, you learn to cook, clean, exercise, get creative, use a computer and most importantly - teach your pet right from wrong AND give it love.

I am competitive, or something like it.

I get excited when my Sim gets a level up in the career section and earns more money.
I am thrilled when my Sim gets coupled with another Sim and they have a shot-gun wedding in a matter of seconds.
I am stoked when my Sim teaches my pet a new trick.

Most of all.
I am over the moon that I end up wasting hours on playing the wii.

What was that?
Wasting hours?
Like being drunk out on the town in Launceston?
HA!
Go figure!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never played Sim because I'd get addicted.

And I too love playing Wii; I am a formidable boxer on that bad boy.

Being a homebody is fun, I say, especially with junk food and video games!

Isis said...

ha ha ha, i too got addicted to sims 2 on my computer. it got to the point where if i was hungry and ate something, i would imagine my own 'hunger meter' going up. sad i know. that is why i'm banned from all sims games :) watch out!!

x isis

red bamboo said...

I can't comment on your 'geekness' - I am waiting (somewhat breathlessly) for Season 5 of Stargate Atlantis to come down a little in price so I can finally find out what the heck is going on!!!
Have never played the Sims, but know where to go for insider tips now.

Margaret said...

I love Wii. And I love the Sims. I get way too addicted though... I always tell myself I'll stop after say an hour or two. Never happens! I spend most of my weekend nights playing wii as well!

that's what happens when you grow up:)

Rhianne said...

your saturdays sound great, I love the Sims!