Thursday, July 9, 2009

Plowing & Pruning That Vintage Garden

A wee bit of a time has passed since I last updated my blog - the reason for this is that I have been burried underneath my own (rather large) pile of pure white snow.
Oh the joys of winter! Gloomy, foggy days spark creativity within the warm four walls of my factory-slash-bedroom.


The view from my backyard on one of the most eerie winter days that we have had in a long time.

I have had orders coming out of my ears (and that's a great thing!) plus the desire to continue designing, as well as getting ready for this Saturday's Civic Homespun Market. I have gone head first into my preparation for my "Market Comeback" - stocking up on the good ol' Pussy Willow, wood grain fabric, faux topiary trees and bare winter trees, plus a menagerie of woodland creatures - birds and owls and rabbits.

One of the many bare winter trees that I bought from BROOKLYNrehab's Etsy store.

Last week I spent an entire day chained to my sewing machine (yes! finally had the will power to sit at the good ol' Brother for a full day!) and made ten Messy Bird Wraps. I was on such a roll churning them out, that the day just flew by... I am still yet to make the matching brooches and finish the tags.


Suz at Cocoon has been churning through That Vintage like no tomorrow - the response from my creations being homed in at Cocoon has been totally overwhelming and incredibly exciting. It's so lovely to hear the feedback from customers who say the kindest words to Suz, which in turn she passes them on to me - so tickled pink! I am proud to say that That Vintage and myself as a designer/creator/dreamer have come along way since Valentine's Day 2008.


Latest batch of earrings dropped into Cocoon this week.

I am looking forward to being back in the market scene this Saturday. Can't wait to catch up with everyone and find out what's news in the Launceston Craft world!


WHAT: Civic Homespun Market.
WHEN: Saturday 11th July
TIME: 10:00AM - 3:00PM
WHERE: Pilgrim Church Hall & Grounds, Paterson Street Launceston - opposite Myer carpark - look for the bright pink market flags!

See you there!

2 comments:

Dick and Dora said...

Hope you're managing to stay warm! Love all your new bits!

gemma @ loz and dinny said...

So lovely being at the market with you today - I'm bringing a hot water bottle next time LOVE LOVE LOVE my earrings ... now for a messenger bag ...x